Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MentionsPlus installed but doesn't seem to get active

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi @R_J,

I was very happy that you adress this problem with your plugin, thanx a lot. In the German language and especially in Switzerland Umlauts are often used.

I installed the plugin as described under 2.0.18.9/10.

• bootstrap.after.php.template is copied
  • settings set and saved

But it still doesn't work.

I' also sent you a link as private message so you see proof. Do you have any ideas what could be wrong? Maybe the plugin is just for 2.1+?

Thanx and greetz
phreak

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
Tagged:

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You have copied bootstrap.after.php.template and renamed it to bootstrap.after.php, right?
    It must have that code in it:

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

Gdn::FactoryInstall('MentionsFormatter', 'UmlautMentionsFormatter', NULL, Gdn::FactoryInstance);

Do you have checked that your config has a line like $Configuration['Garden']['User']['ValidationRegex'] = '\d\w_ äöü'; in it?

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited December 2013

Oh, thanx that was it. I forgot to rename it to "bootstrap.after.php". Sorry i'm a bit confused these days. :) Thanx, this function was needed nor for years. ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Yes it look as if it could be a real annoyance.
    I think spaces in usernames should be avoided, but disallowing special characters feels like being back in the 1980s ;)

• @R_J said:
    Yes it look as if it could be a real annoyance.
    I think spaces in usernames should be avoided, but disallowing special characters feels like being back in the 1980s ;)

at least you said the 1980's. because if you said the 1960's and could remember, you weren't really there. think about that one. You know what they say, "if you can remember the 60's you weren't really there."

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.