HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Pager on profile tab doesn't work

Hey guys, I must be missing an obvious thing right here but I can't figure it out! I've played with it for a few hours and can't get it to work.

I'm trying to list all ratings that was given to a user, the initial data shows up fine, but when I click More Ratings it just doesn't do anything on page ( I see that it sends a request to p1/p2 etc and it's moving on but it doesn't load the received data)

I've used a snippet I saw around the forums to display the view and the pager I took from profile discussions. This is my source:

http://pastebin.com/WtAER7aG

Vanilla 2.1b2

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Do some decho() in your code, I don't think you're receiving the new $Page variable. It comes from your function call, but maybe it isn't sent somehow.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• AviramAviram
    edited December 2013

Hey UnderDog, thanks for the help, however I got this working by mimicking the Discussion's pager, but for some reason I can't get it to display other number of items per page, I can only display 30 results per page or it just screws up.. Here's my current source: http://pastebin.com/bSHweExF - What I've tried changing is:

[code]

$Sender->CountCommentsPerPage = 10;

list($Offset, $Limit) = OffsetLimit($Page, 10);

[/code]

• Look at these 2 lines:

$Sender->CountCommentsPerPage = C('Vanilla.Comments.PerPage', 30);

list($Offset, $Limit) = OffsetLimit($Page, Gdn::Config('Vanilla.Discussions.PerPage', 30));

Maybe there's something in there. But ... always decho() your values when things get screwy.

• I tried, but I can't figure it out.. NVM that.. is there a way to add a link to the sidemenu?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I thought: "Maybe you can hook 'AfterAddSideMenu' for a custom link?" and then "Maybe that event has been mentioned at some time here in this forum"... BANG! http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/152927#Comment_152927

edited December 2013

Oh, and here is an example on how I have implemented a pager somewhere else:

// parse page offset
          $Offset = GetValue('0', $Sender->RequestArgs, '0');
          list($Offset, $Limit) = OffsetLimit($Offset, C('Plugins.YourPlugin.PostsPerPage', C('Vanilla.Discussions.PerPage', 30)));
          if (!is_numeric($Offset) || $Offset < 0) {
             $Offset = 0;
          }

$PostsLimit = C('Plugins.YourPlugin.PostsLimit', 0);
          if ($PostsLimit > 0) {
             $Limit = min($Limit, $PostsLimit);
             $PostingsCount = count(YourPluginModel::Get(0,$PostsLimit));
          } else {
             $PostingsCount = count(YourPluginModel::Get());
          }      

// Build a pager
          $Sender->SetData($PostingsCount);
            $PagerFactory = new Gdn_PagerFactory();
            $Sender->Pager = $PagerFactory->GetPager('Pager', $Sender);

$Sender->Pager->ClientID = 'Pager';
            $Sender->Pager->Configure(
                $Offset,
                $Limit,
                $PostingsCount,
                'YourPlugin/%1$s'
            );

// Deliver JSON data if necessary
          if ($Sender->DeliveryType() != DELIVERY_TYPE_ALL && $Offset > 0) {
             $Sender->SetJson('LessRow', $Sender->Pager->ToString('less'));
             $Sender->SetJson('MoreRow', $Sender->Pager->ToString('more'));
             $Sender->View = 'YourPlugin';
          }

But it was only copy & paste and try & error...

• Awesome!

But now I have a question... Where do you set these config settings?

Plugins.YourPlugin.PostsPerPage
    Plugins.YourPlugin.PostsLimit

Is it in the default.php of the plugin?

Please sir... Step by Step please ...

AAAAAAH! Don't do that to me: I think I have a hereditary debility when it comes to irony!
    I was halfway ready with my answer when I started to hesitate and I'm still! unsure...

• How can I copy / Paste that into my PHP file? Can @vrijvlinder make an icon in the meantime? (heheh, oil, fire, throw, repeat)

You have to create a custom theme for that ;)

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited December 2013

Please sir, Step by Step, please! Do I rename 'default' theme and leave it at that? Then change the style.css in the Vanilla Application? I don't know how to search sir! (Oh shit, we're in the Developers section, I have to stop joking after this one ... )

• I think @aviram is going to create and add a nice add-on to the plugin section once its completed. That said, a bit more searching by Aviram and a bit more looking at other plugins that do similar things might be helpful to him.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• AviramAviram
    edited December 2013

@peregrine , sorry I was misunderstood - I did search a lot and I did pretty same implemntation as @R_J gave me and it didn't work out, that's why I posted it here.

Furthermore, I found the sidemenu solution for profile, but I want to add a link to the sidemenu that goes on the left when you're in discussions, and I think that I solved it by using eventi and understanding there's no easy solution as sidemenu->addlink that profile has, but I guess I'll just hook to AfterRenderAsset and try to add HTML code that would look native to the links layout.

Sorry if it seems like I've been lazy on searching, I really did :)

And of course when the addon will be "cooked" enough I'll release it, but that'd require a lot of beautifying as some of it was written in a hassle without fully understanding Vanilla's powers.
    Thanks guys.

Keep on asking: each answer I give helps me understanding better what I do here ;)

• @R_J said:
    Keep on asking: each answer I give helps me understanding better what I do here ;)

agreed. good questions and good answers as well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.