Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need help with ProxyConnect and UserCake login system*

edited December 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello to all developer, I am newbie and only know little about php. I am using usercake login system. Can anyone give me how i use proxy connector with usercake . My forum is in subdomain and my login sytem is on main site.
Please Help Me!

Regards
Ravindra Barthwal (Newbie)

Comments

• Well... seee... I don't even know if ProxyConnect is still the way to go. In case it is ... I would make a new discussion under that addon. Also post your Vanilla Version number, so 2.0.18. ...

For the others : The UserCake login system Url is here : http://usercake.com/docs.php

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @underdog
    i have both to try.
    2.0.18 and 2.2.4 but currently 2.2.4 is going

• I would get the basics of php under your belt before you attempt something like this.

Don't run before you can walk.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 i don't understand what you had said. Please use easy language.

• you need to to understand php before you attempt this.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 i know i have to understand php before attempting this but will you help me? till then...

• I'm not going to spend time coaching you, you have to do this. Get the basics under your belt. I simply don't have the time to dedicate on this sort of cause. Learn to help yourself any you will be better off in the future. You are young.

One of the mistakes people make it rushing to a particular solution that sound right without knowing if it is right. As with any problem you look at the problem first not the solution, then look at different possible ways of dealing with the problem. Always ask yourself what are you actually trying to achieve with this method and are you meeting they objectives.

I also get this with clients. They say they want this solution, rather than explaining the problem. They are often wrong, this isn’t retail. It is my job to help them make sound decisions. You can say yes to everything but they can become become dissatisfied with the outcome.

Given that you have not learnt php yet,and you haven't learnt the framework, and even if this is the right solution, you then have to grasp the concept in this library. You are not really ready, it is not really fair to support this cause, because the volunteer

Don't run before you can walk, is the phrase I would use. there aren't really shortcuts.

Btw at least you are aware they you have a learning curve, some people think that they can get by on snippet of information without really understanding what they are doing, and you can make a feature rich site with out investing time in knowledge, or gaining capital.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 Thanks friend you really opened my eye. Now i will do all effort by myself and only ask about some serious problem. 'First of all i will learn to walk then will run in marathon of developers.'

Regards
    Ravindra Barthwal

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

No, don't ask only if you have serious problems! Don't ask for complex solutions either.
    Ask for details: try something and if it doesn't work, ask if anyone can tell you what part of your code isn't working. You'll get surely help with that kind of questions.

• @R_J thanks i got your point. Now i will work and if anything problem in code than i will take help.