Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] Translate title tag

jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello members,
I am trying to translate the title tag for my website. It shows me now: "Recent Discussions on Mysite"
I already use dutch translation locale for my site, but somehow, some lines of text are not translated. Like the title. Does anyone know where (which file) is the title generated? then i can look into that file and translate it manually. I tried to search lot of files but i can not find where this is parsed...
I also tried to add a line in captured.php like this

$Definition['Recent Discussions on Mysite'] = 'Recente Discussies op Mysite';

but that did not succeed....

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited January 2014

Do you mean the title that is displayed at the top of the browser window ?

If so I think the words to change are All Discussions to Recent Discussions

from the discussionscontroller.php

// Setup head.
          if (!$this->Data('Title'))
             $this->Title(T('All Discussions'));
          if ($this->Head)
             $this->Head->AddRss(Url('/discussions/feed.rss', TRUE), $this->Head->Title());

Not sure about recent discussions already being there, that seems like a plugin....

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I would recommend a search on the files if you are unsure. Do a case sensitive search for "Recent Discussions" and you will find 5 files (Vanilla 2.1b2, but V2.0 will be similar). 4 of them are dealing with modules and so the last file is responsible for the output: \applications\vanilla\controllers\class.discussionscontroller.php

// Setup head.
          if (!$this->Data('Title')) {
             $Title = C('Garden.HomepageTitle');
             if ($Title)
                $this->Title($Title, '');
             else
                $this->Title(T('Recent Discussions'));
          }
          if (!$this->Description())
             $this->Description(C('Garden.Description', NULL));
          if ($this->Head)
             $this->Head->AddRss(Url('/discussions/feed.rss', TRUE), $this->Head->Title());

You will have to translate $Definition['Recent Discussions'] = 'Recente Discussies';

I can not see how to change the "on" to "op". Maybe you have a screenshot?

• Options

it is the main title when showed when you can see all discussions ( i do not have a problem with the other titles)
    see snapshot:

Her you can see here a snapshot:
    http://www.jackmaessen.nl/test/images/snap.jpg
    The website: http://www.webprofis.nl

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
  • Options

Yes that was the problem. It is set in VanillaSEO and i could change it very easily. Thank you for information.