Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ProxyConnect Vanilla 2.0.18.10

Hello,

I have Vanilla 2.0.18.10 running on a subdomain of my site. I'm embedding the forums into my pages and am using ProxyConnect for single sign on. The issue I am having is it seems to work sporadically. Sometimes it logs in the user fine, other times when I pull up the page, it doesn't have the user logged in. I then added some debug lines in class.proxyauthenticator.php which send me emails when it runs and many times, the file doesn't even seem to run. Where is the file called? What determines when to kick off that plugin and call my authenticator page?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• I think other people probably looked at the description and moved on:

We no longer recommend using this plugin. Instead, use our jsConnect plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes, I noticed that but didn't have much luck using jsConnect with embedding the forum. Probably worth another look. Just doesn't make sense why ProxyConnect works some of the time.

• Ok, this is starting to drive me a bit crazy. First, what I am trying to do is have a seamless login. Once users are logged into my site, I want them to click the forums link and see an embeded forum with them already logged in. I tried Proxyconnect but could only get it to work sporadically.

I am now using jsConnect along with the PHP library. I installed the plugin, set my client/secret and when I call the embed page, I use the code from the example here (http://blog.vanillaforums.com/jsconnect-technical-documentation-for-embedded-sso/) but replace the SSO string with the string generated from the JsSSOString function in the PHP library yet the embedded page simply shows me the dreaded 'Howdy Stranger'. Do I still need to set up Authenticate URL when using embedded?

Thanks!