Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

jsConnect stuck at "Connecting..."

Community,

I am having an issue with my website's Wordpress integration with jsConnect. I have successfully integrated the Vanilla forum onto my site. I have been trying to get the Single Sign On (SSO) working so that users will not have to create two accounts to use the site. The issue that I have been having is that it will take the user credentials, but it will stay at the "Connecting..." screen and go no further. I have a feeling that there is something wrong on the Vanilla forum side with how users are added, but I do not know enough about PHP or coding in general to troubleshoot this problem.

I am also not using anything like "proxyconnect". From what I understood on the jsConnect documentation, I shouldn't need that plugin. That may be my problem right there, maybe not. Again, I'm not sure. Any and all help and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you for your time and help in this matter.

Comments

• Actually I found it is the opposite. But the way you find out is by looking at network traffic such as in firebug.

Due to themeing variations in wordpress, if you use the vanilla-forums plugin for wordpress the hook is not fired, because it has been omitted from that theme. Which is why I use

http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-vanilla-connect/

for sign on becuase it provides a direct script which is always reachable. you can still use the other plugin for other aspects.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    Actually I found it is the opposite. But the way you find out is by looking at network traffic such as in firebug.

Due to themeing variations in wordpress, if you use the vanilla-forums plugin for wordpress the hook is not fired, because it has been omitted from that theme. Which is why I use

http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-vanilla-connect/

for sign on becuase it provides a direct script which is always reachable. you can still use the other plugin for other aspects.

Well, I wasn't able to test the firebug. I'm sure something will come up where I'll have to use it. On the other hand...IT WORKS! Installing the wp-vanilla-connect plugin and modifying the links on the Vanilla jsConnect plugin was the solution. Thank you again for your time.

• pianoman what links did you modify???

• @cpagan said:
    pianoman what links did you modify???

not really links

what he means if you got the the wp-vanilla-connect page (under users), it give you it own url with you can set in jsConnect in vanilla.

grep is your friend.