Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Not working with latest version?

Not working with latest version?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I'm not offended at all and I definitely see that my starting post is far from acceptable. So sorry for that!

Anyway, if there is still anyone around here that would like to help me. I'm currently using version Version 2.3a1 of Vanillaforums. The addon does install and the settings page also works but it does simply not change the 'New Discussion' button.

I've obviously tried to fix it with my limited knowledge of PHP. But yeah... that didn't help much.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

I'm not offended at all

I'm glad.

Re: the plugin it works for me on 2.1b2 - the beta version. (you know the skinny on versions correct - you should be using 2.1b2 or 2.0.18.10 rather than an alpha version)

I changed the General category to GeneralPeregrine via the settings page in the plugin and click on the General category and the New discussion Button now says "GeneralPeregrine".

best i can tell you.

I did make a change on line 29 in the class......php

$Sender->Permission('Garden.Settings.Manage');

just so non-root admins could change things but that shouldn't impact you.

do you see something similar to this for any of your category names in your conf/config.php

$Configuration['Plugins']['CategoryBasedNewButtonText']['General'] = 'Some New Text';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.