Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Google OpenID not working

Recently, about a week ago, Google Open ID stopped working on a forum I manage.
I've tried to install latest update from vanilla and it did not help.
Both Facebook and OpenID seem to work, but Google always shows:

Provider is required.
UniqueID is required.
The connection data has not been verified.

Does anyone knows anything about it?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

Did you by chance notice that this has been mentioned a number of times in the past week.

http://vanillaforums.org/search?adv=&search=Google+login

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes this is happening here too, Lincoln said they are working on it. I do not think it is related to Vanilla since it happens anywhere they have open ID google log ins .

I gave up using google to log into here, I just use the normal forum login.

• edited February 2014

@peregrine only two threads, both without solution and leading to talk about some kind of Quotes plugin :)

@vrijvlinder can you easily switch from Google to regular without loosing all the data?
    What should I suggest my members to do?

edited February 2014

Well I was worried about that too, what I did was log in with Facebook, if you use the same email with facebook that is, otherwise just enter the email you have with google into the forum form. It will say you already have an account here and it will ask you enter a password .

If you don't know the password or never entered one, you can possibly have a new password issued. Try that see if it works.

I was able to log in using google but had to flush cookies and cache about 3 or 4 times. So I gave up trying. Let me know if it works for you to just use the forum login form.

The email is the unique identifier of the account. That is why you must use the same one.

• @vrijvlinder ah thank you, then it is actually not so bad, and I thought my users won't be able to access their account anymore.

And yes it seems to work ;)

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

I use my OpenID from this site and it works great for me.

https://www.myopenid.com/

The problem is with Google Federated Login API . OpenID works fine.

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

I see. My bad. Thanks