Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Display Privacy Policy to Anyone?

Using Vanilla 2.0 and I finally found the direct URL to the Privacy Policy: http://www.mysite.com/vanilla/home/privacypolicy
However, the page is only viewable to logged in users.
How do I change this so anyone can view the Privacy Policy?

Comments

• Options

I realized the problem. My site was set to "Private Community" for development/testing purposes. Once I disabled that, the Privacy Policy page became visible. Resolved.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2014

You can use the Plugin PrivacyNotice and put your own content in it or copy over the relevant parts. That is a default privacy notice, you need to customize to include your specific policy.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/privacynotice-plugin

• Options

It is possible to make exceptions to blocked pages when using private community.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@vrijvlinder your plugin works very well for this. Is there any way to change the location of the privacy notice on the menu (eg, move it to the end)?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2014

Thanks, yes in the default.php of the plugin look for this line and sort it the way you want. Just put the 'Privacy' in the end of the list. Like I did below

if (is_object($Sender->Menu))
             $Sender->Menu->Sort = array('Dashboard', 'Discussions', 'Questions', 'Activity', 'Applicants', 'Conversations', 'User','Privacy');

and change in the pn.js file to this

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('.Menu ul li:last > a').popup();
    $('#Foot #Menu li:last > a').popup();

});

Make sure if you add any other links via plugins or manual, that you add them to the sort ,menu above before the Privacy link to make sure it is always the last on the menu.

• Options

Thank you! I appreciate you helping me understand how vanilla plugins work. It is a little daunting to learn but I am getting there.