Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] How do I add to Menu bar for non-logged-in users?

gharaldgharald
edited February 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I noticed that logged-out or non-registered users only get a sparse "SIGN IN" in the top menu. How do I change this so they get additional options, such as Home, Discussions, Categories, etc? I tried editing my default.master.php file (eg, adding some "$this->Menu->AddLink" lines right around the place where "Sign In" is declared) but nothing shows up... Anyone have ideas on how to give logged out users a more robust menu bar?

Thanks!

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

they should see what they have permission to do. which is controlled by guest permissions.

you can use addmenuitem plugin as well as modifying default.master.php

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/addmenuitem-plugin

$this->Menu->AddLink

this snippet tells us nothing, since it is incomplete and shows no context wit the reast of your code and we don't know what theme or version of vanilla you are using, so based on that not much more info to give you based on your sparse explanation.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine sorry for not providing more information. I solved my issue by rebuilding the default.master.php page and discovering that you have to use arrays to reveal menu items to different classes of users. I still don't get exactly what I did, but I managed to fix it using the information on this page as an example http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19755/documentation-dashboard-link-not-visible-for-moderator

Thanks as usual for the quick replies (one of the greatest things about the Vanilla community).