Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Replacing icons with Font Awesome

ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭
edited January 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Good afternoon, VF! So here's the thing. I love ButtonBar and I think it's the best simplistic editor for Vanilla, but the icons look both dated and blurry on high-res screens (especially tablets and phones), so I'd like to replace them with Font Awesome. Is this possible, and could someone point me in the right direction?

Any input will be appreciated. I'm using Vanilla 2.2.4.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes you simply make new images for the buttons, then replace the images in the images folder of button bar . Make then the same name.

• Options
    frippzfrippz New
    edited February 2014

Actually, Font Awesome is just what the name hints at; a font. ;) You should be able to add elements with the proper class inside the button elements and just remove the part of the stylesheets that adds background images. I'm actually experimenting with this myself right now, but I'm being delayed by replacing all those divs with proper button elements to make them more accessible (doing this breaks the JavaScript that seems to rely on the buttons being divs).