Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Disable mobile theme

How do you disable the mobile theme in vanilla? I want to just use @media rules to define my layout for small screen sizes in my custom theme.

(Also I tried searching but I just get a blank page on here.)

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Look at /conf/config-defaults.php. There you find those two entries:

$Configuration['Garden']['Theme']                               = 'default';
    $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme']                         = 'mobile';

So the theme used for mobile is done with a config setting. You just have to add $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'YourPreferredTheme'; to /conf/config.php and that's it! :)

Dont be lazy and simply change config-defaults.php for that might be overwritten on a Vanilla update. config.php will not.

Instead of using the built in search, you can use google: https://www.google.de/#q=site:vanillaforums.org+replace+mobile+theme

• Options
    edited March 2014

I get a bonk error now. I tried deleting all my *.ini files from cache and I also tried adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to see the error but it still gives me the bonk error.

• Options
    chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

If you get a bonk after you did something try to undo that to see if it will fix it and make the attempt again.

• Options

Is there a way to rebuild my config.php script?

• Options

Got it! It was a problem in $Configuration['Database']['Host']. I hadn't updated my script in a while and I have to use the remote server name from my local site to access my database.

None of Vanilla's error reporting seems to work with this issue. I was able to discover it by looking at the config-defaults.php file.

• Options

@R_J That worked! Thanks!