Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how to make extensions?

edited February 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
does a 'how to make an extensions for vanilla forums' exist? i've already find a way to add a item in forum menu but i've got problems with class settings...

Comments

• Options
    The easiest way is to take a simple extension and mess with stuff until it does what you want. Mark's been a little busy lately to work on documentation.
  • Options
    edited January 2006

if(in_array($Context->SelfUrl, array('index.php', 'comments.php', 'search.php', 'account.php', 'settings.php', 'categories.php', 'post.php')) &&
    $Context->Session->User->RoleID)
    {
    $Menu->AddTab($Context->GetDefinition("Musik"), "musik", "index.php?Musik=Afficher", "MusikTab");
    }

$Musik = $_GET['Musik'];
    if ($Musik == 'Afficher') {
    $Body = ...contents to be posted...
    }

How to do that?
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Veiled where I am :

if (isset($_GET['Musik'])) {
    class Musik {

function Render() {
    echo "salut la companie";
    }

}

$Musik = $Context->ObjectFactory->NewContextObject($Context, "Musik");
    $Body->AddControl($Musik);

$Page->AddControl("Head_Render", $Head);
    $Page->AddControl("Menu_Render", $Menu);
    $Page->AddControl("Panel_Render", $Panel);
    $Page->AddControl("Body_Render", $Body);
    $Page->AddControl("Foot_Render", $Foot);
    $Page->FireEvents();

}
    the script work but i've got the fatal error : Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\vanilla\index.php on line 24

what's wrong ?
  • Options
    I think you have to exit()/die()/return/whatever if you've created the page in the extension. Try putting in an exit() after the $Page->FireEvents() and see how it works out.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Also, a "NewContextObject" is a new object that has the context object inserted into it's constructor method, so assuming we're using 0.9.3 your Musik class would need a constructor with:

class Musik extends Control { function Musik(&$Context) { $this->Name = "Musik"; $this->Context = &$Context; } }
  • Options
    That did not change anything, I always have the fatal error : Call to menber function on a non-object in $Context->Session->Check(agSAFE_REDIRECT);
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What version of Vanilla are you using?
  • Options
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    And what exactly are you trying to do?
    Are you trying to add a whole new page for the tab you added?
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    http://forumz.aboutblank.free.fr/index.php?Musik=Afficher => http://musik.aboutblank.free.fr/extension/Musik.rar
  • Options
    how to remove <a class="PanelButton StartDiscussionButton" href="post.php">Start a new discussion</a> only in musik page?
This discussion has been closed.