Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugin working?

I don't know why, but this plugin doesn't work for me. When I enable it, all I get is this, exposed on the page right under the menu bar:

I N D E X
New Discussion
Categories
General
All Discussions
Home
VANILLA
MOBILE VERSION

I didn't test it on a brand new installation of Vanilla, but I did use the default theme with a standard default-master.php. Tried Safari and Chrome.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2014

Can you give me a link to see?

Those links are just some links I put in there, you can put in whatever links you want.

Make sure the the css file is being called since the drop down works with css.

Look for this function in the plugin default.php adjust those links accordingly is necessary. But it should work as is...just noticed a mistake please replace what you have with this. I forgot I put the css file in a design folder. so just fix that please, I will update the addon asap.

public function Base_Render_Before($Sender) {
    $Sender->AddJsFile('plugins/Index/index.js');
    $Sender->AddCssFile('plugins/Index/design/index.css');
    }

The Index is appended to the .Menu div . In the index.js file you can change where it will be rendered by changing .Menu to #Menu or #Panel if you want it in the panel.

Also you can change .append to .prepend if you want it before or after something.

You need to adjust this all based on how your theme is layout .

This is a very simple plugin. All it does is add this to the page. You edit all the links you want to add into the index.js file.

• OK, I added the missing "design/" to default.php and it found the CSS. Thanks!

• Unfortunately, the menu gets covered up by existing divs on the site. Especially on the inbox/messages page. I think this has to do with the z-index value of the Div. I will try to send screenshots when I can, but I think these should be reproducible on a "vanilla" vanilla installation....

edited March 2014

Ah yes if there is something with z-index you need to add it to keep that at the top layer.

but to fix that just add this code to the #menu-bar ul around line 68 is that block of code. I will update the plugin thanks for helping find the bugs !

z-index:99999;

• I am having problems with this specific issue as well. here is a screen of what i see.

http://i.imgur.com/isWQOjZ.png

I need a link to see what is happening. All I can see there is that the dropdown is not working and all the links are shown inline.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

and a login or make the links visible to guests.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited December 2014

Just replace in the plugin js and css any #Menu for .SiteMenu

Your problem is not the same problem as the OP on this thread. Your problem is that the theme you are using does not use the same class names or Id names for elements as the default vanilla and most other themes.