HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any one know of a moderation or post approval plugin

that can be acted upon for a single user (not all users) or a role specific moderation queue for 2.1b2? (or even vanilla 2.0.18.x).

Looking for something an admin or moderator can approve posts and comments for a specific individual or a few individuals or by role.

Just want to make sure I am not missing the boat on something that is already available.

or would that have to be written.

ideas on best way to go about it for 2.1b2 are welcome.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The troll management plugin comes to mind....

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

thx, troll managment not exactly it. not a filter by user for all discusssions they made or event to mark them as a troll. just a case by case discussion post for an individual user. approve or not.

I looked at log table and moderation queue and can manually get some info to appear in moderation queue by altering log table. not quite sure yet on how to approve and put it into place without munging things up in counters etc.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I thought that's what the Vanilla/Approval/Require permission is good for
    If that is not the purpose for that permission what is it good for?

• maybe I missed something. in roles and permissions?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

@R_J

right you are thanks. right in front of my nose. I always knew you were a super-star.

One day I will explore and figure out what Vanilla/Me/comments means :).

Solution:

create new role for Members that require approval of discussions and comments.
    assign vanilla/approval/require to that role.
    move users that need to have approval of comments and discussions to that role.

go to moderation queue to approve or reject

edited March 2014

/me is really useless ;)

It only works under very limited conditions (if I recall it right it must be the first word in the first line and I'm not sure if it is allowed to add more lines). All it does is formatting that text on a special way...

That's what /me is doing. Can't imagine what it is good for...
    (Original post was "/me using /me actions")

Hmm... I've deleted the image above but can not upload a new one although I can edit the post by itself. I would expect that to behave differently...

me.png 13.6K
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

got ya. thanks. just found this as well....

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/200273/#Comment_200273

yes that has been a long time problem - you get one chance to add attachments and that is it!

• Is there a way to fine tune this feature thru the dashboard....(or would I need to write some code to alter effects).

approval required of comments. but NO approval required of new discussions.

in other words this works great if you want to approve a users comments and new discussion posts.
    but if you want to allow the ability for the user to create new discussions (without a moderators intervention) but require approval for comments.

just wanted to check with you guys if I am missing anything about moderation again.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

I'll file a request on github to make a refine fields

Vanilla.DiscussionApproval.Require in class.discussionmodel.php - line 1426
    Vanilla.Comment.Approval.Require in class.commentmodel.php - line 807

and necessary changes in dashboard to finetune permissions.

I suppose I could comment out line 1426 for the sake of allowing discussions to go through unapproved.

meanwhile I just added this to the core in line 1427 - to allow new discussions without moderation approval, and to require comments approval.

not the best way - but the easiest under the circumstances.

//just below the $ApprovalRequired = CheckRestrictions(....
    $ApprovalRequired = "";

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.