Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change "Root" Category Title

Utilizing Vanilla v. 2.0.18.8

How can I change the name of the "Root" category to read "All Posts" or something of that nature?

Just started using categories on my forum and I believe "Root" may cause my feeble-minded followers to freeze up. I've searched everywhere in this forum and tried a million different combinations in my locale.php but cannot change the wording.

Tagged:

Comments

• got a snapshot image to show what you mean.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

Did you try the definitions "

$Definition["All Categories"] = "All Posts";

or

$Definition["All Discussions"] = "All Posts";

not sure where your root is coming from.

what category options And/or category plugins are you using in dashboard.

Users really should be posting in root. id of category of -1

what categories do you have in your categories table in the name column.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I've toyed around with it and decided just to hide the "Root" button in CSS. much easier. My apologies for the unnecessary inquiry. Thank you for the response.