Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Deleting a discussion

edited February 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I accidently posted a discussion and html version of it already in the forum. So I want to delete the txt one. When I open the discussion as an Master Administrator, I see hide option , I am hiding it. Then from Cleanup extension I am removing the comment. But I could not find a way to delete the discussion. I know the principle should be same, there is an option to delete hidden discussions but where can I hide a discussion? Thanks

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I haven't used the cleanup extension in a while, but I believe there are two types of deletes: discussions and comments. If you delete hidden discussions, it will delete any discussion that has been hidden AND all of the comments within that discussion. If you delete hidden comments, it will only delete comments that have been individually hidden in all discussions (hidden and not hidden).
  • Hi Mark I know there are 2 ypes of deletes and extension works perfect. The problem : I can not hide a discussion however I can hide a comment. Hide is available near comments but not near discussions. Should I delete it manually by using PhpMyAdmin ? Thanks
  • it's in the control panel on the left side.
  • I found it, thanks a lot Bergamot. Of course the option is not available when you logon as the user started discussion. It becomes available when I logged in as Master Administrator. Stupid me! Cheers
This discussion has been closed.