A fix to make FileUpload version 1.8.2 to work in Vanilla 2.1 (backport).
made some mods to not blow up on PermissionsCategory. Although I can't see how ver 1.8.2 it could respect category upload privs any better then 1.7.1
it does work with 2.1RC1
added the PermissionsCategory function that caused 1.8.2 to blow up in 2.1RC (although this needs alot more logic to work correctly), so it essentially works the same was as it did in 1.71 as far as permissions, but has more improvements than 1.7.1
fixed the following things:
- if the image size was small (50 x 50) it didn't show up as an attachment, now it does.
- if the upload was not an image it didn't correctly show the file.png image (default thumbnail), now it does.
- version 1.7.1 didn't seem to work properly with 2.1RC1
- includes the js fixes that are deprecated in new versions of jquery.
attached are the changes files. just get version 1.8.2 of the plugin from github and overwrite the files in the zip folder.
I am not supporting these changes if anyone has issues. It works for me. If it works for you great. if it doesn't work for you, well, I am not the developer of the plugin.
remember if you want to change file types that be uploaded add the names in the array to your liking in
config.php with this statement. You can add the statements in your config.php if they don't exist.
and if you want to change size
but you also have to make sure your php.ini file also supports the max size as well.
; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 8M
- I am not supporting these changes if anyone has issues.
- The replacements zip for fileupload version 1.82 works for me in vanilla 2.1rc1
- If it works for you great.
if it doesn't work for you, well, I am not the developer of the plugin.
if the plugin mod changes (for ver 1.8.2 available on github) work for you with 2.1Rc1 or 2.1b3, it would be cool if you said it worked for you. just to know.
ver 1.8.2 of fileuploads is available here.
1) extract for the fileupload plugin from the Addons on github.
2) and then copy the replacements from the replacements.zip file attached over the 1.8.2 install of FileUploads.
until there is a better solution.
I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.