Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

pay for theming ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

peregrine is a coding savant <3 !!!

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

peregrine is a coding savant <3 !!!

you should see me on counting toothpicks dropped on the floor.

works great, but why did you include the "html" in there?

do you like nina simone?

it was the only thing that seemed to work based on:

?>
             <span class="MItem MCount ViewCount"><?php
                printf(PluralTranslate($Discussion->CountViews, 
                   '%s view html', '%s views html', '%s view', '%s views'),
                   BigPlural($Discussion->CountViews, '%s view'));
             ?></span>
             <span class="MItem MCount CommentCount"><?php
                printf(PluralTranslate($Discussion->CountComments, 
                   '%s comment html', '%s comments html', '%s comment', '%s comments'),
                   BigPlural($Discussion->CountComments, '%s comment'));
             ?></span>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

another confusing question, for example, when i click on the bookmark link, it listed like in the screenshot,

i defined the world "Discussion" = "Bài viết" in definition.php , it worked as shown.

but as the same time, i defined "Most Recent" = "Gần đây nhất" , it doesnt work.

i then went over and define it in locale.php, it doesnt work either. So where would i define this to work?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

you have to search for the translation in the code.

these may be it. they may not be.

'Most recent by %1$s'

'Started by %1$s'

homework assignment. learn how to use grep or notepad++ to search for word in your code.

i then went over and define it in locale.php, it doesnt work either. So where would i define this to work?

you have to know WHAT to define, you have the "WHERE" correct.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

or it could be

'Most recent:'

or

'Most recent: %1$s by %2$s'

or it could be in a plugin. I have no idea what screen you are on.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

or my final answer

$Definition['Most Recent Comment'] = "Peregrine's LasT definition. time to learn to look at code";

• Options

ok, how do i know WHAT to define? i use firebug to look at style sheet, but it doesn't show it, is there a different progam i can look at ?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

ok, how do i know WHAT to define

read this a few more times. especially part 1.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26597/tutorial-how-to-change-wording-how-to-change-text-how-to-change-language-how-to-change-locale

1. Finding Out What is Translatable via definitions/locales.

i use firebug to look at style sheet, but it doesn't show it, is there a different progam i can look at ?

you wouldn't use a hammer to cut a piece of wood.

and you wouldn't use firebug to search your php files. firebug is good for the html and css and jquery

is there a different progam i can look at ?

Yes

echo, Echo , ECHO ECHO

homework assignment. learn how to use grep or notepad++ to search for word in your code.

google grep and google notepad++

e.g. for grep....

run this command in the root of your forum:

grep -irn --exclude=*.{png,txt,lst,zip,sql} "Most Recent" * | less

or use notepad++

or my final answer

$Definition['Most Recent Comment'] = "Peregrine's LasT definition. time to learn to look at code";

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20231/how-to-become-somewhat-adept-at-modifying-vanilla-to-meet-your-needs-for-free

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

here's your chance @sinner - by posting all the new defintions that you have that weren't in the vietnamese transifex. if you want to help the other vietnamese speakers and readers and believers.

all your defintion questions should have been posted here anyway:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vf_vi_vn-locale

• Options

i've been using notpad++ for years. anyway, which file do i open to see WHAT to define? ok, the bootstrap theme only have 2 main file that i can look, style.css and custom_readable.css, both of these file doesnt have any word for most recent. i've looked at the default master file, it's not in there either. so, next thing is going to the script core files ?

• Options

hey vrijvlinder, i need your help again. when i click on "recent discussions", it display a list of recent discussions, but it doesnt show what category they're in, i use firebug to look for a code that display the category next to that post, but i dont know which one is it, can you please show me where to edit? thanks.

• Options
    edited May 2014

edited coz the bottom code is all you need I think

• Options
    edited May 2014

And this

.Tag, .Item .Meta .MItem.Category a {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    }

to this

.Tag, .Item .Meta .MItem.Category a {
    background-color: #285e8e;
    }

.Tag, .Item .Meta .MItem.Category a:hover {
        background-color: #2069e8;
        }

Not very readable is it ? That theme should be called unreadable ... lol

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

@sinner

All of the definitions you asked for (and were provided by the kindness of strangers) - Should have been in the Vietnamese transifex. So you can do your part to add to the transifex and to give your fellow users salvation - you could add it to github. The way I figure it, We helped you, but you might wanna gotta also help others. which means adding to github and transifex. (you could say I don't know how? or I don't have the time?).

all of those definitions may be missing from all lcocales and transifexs.

But then again the next person reading your questions could say the same thing and decline to answer.

• Options

@peregrine‌

all of the definitions are already translated in the transifex, i downloaded mine there. the problem is --it's not showing up on the theme, that's why you showed me the creating the locale.php trick. i did not translate any of the definition.

anyway, if any other Vietnamese users are around, and need my help, i'm willing to help them out with my lil knowledge of this stuff :)

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

all of the definitions are already translated in the transifex,

if they were - you wouldn't have to add them!

here is what a person would do! its not that hard, really it isn't!

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26785/missing-defintions

you could also add them to the transifex.

and here:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/vanilla/issues/1898