Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cannot delete category from back end in vanilla forum.

When i trying to delete a category an error is displayed.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'c from GDN_Comment c join GDN_Discussion d on c.DiscussionID = d.DiscussionID wh' at line 1|Gdn_Database|Query|delete GDN_Comment c from GDN_Comment c join GDN_Discussion d on c.DiscussionID = d.DiscussionID where d.CategoryID = :dCategoryID.

How can i solve this issue. I am using Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8.

Comments

• upgrade your version!

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Click the delete button for corresponding category.

Tick the check box Move discussions in this category to a replacement category.

select a category from dropdown box for moving your posts (if the category going to delete contain posts.)

Finally click proceed button.

Note: If the category you want to delete contain any post or not, you should select a replacement category from the dropdown box.

Finally its worked..

• But still am confused. If the category contain no posts, then why the need for replacement category.I think Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8. is the latest stable version. Is there any solution for this?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I think Vanilla Version 2.0.18.8. is the latest stable version

Wrong that is not the latest sable please download vanilla 2.1 core from the add ons

• the latest stable version of 2.0 is 2.0.18.11

and 2.1 is also available.

grep is your friend.

• Ya i download 2.1 and upgrade my vanilla. Now the problem is solved. Thanks...