Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Add Discussion Subject in Email Body

2»

Comments

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭
    edited May 2014

This line is in > conf/config-defaults.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['MimeType'] = 'text/plain';

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['MimeType']= 'text/html';
    No don't have, should i put in?

yes change plain to html , in the config.php

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

don't ever change the config-defaults.php (it is the base default).
    it will get overwritten anyway next time you update the source. that is essentially changing the core, which you do NOT want to do.

you should add and change things ONLY in config.php

add any new defintions you want in conf/locale.php if they don't yet exist.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes please keep up Denis this is not the first time you do this.

Read this again
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/208183/#Comment_208183

I asked if it was in the config.php not elsewhere.

If it is not in the config.php you add it.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

No it's not working the message is still the same:

" A new message has been posted by deniss. It can be accessed at Link " ( No Title )

I'm i was getting mixed up with the message to ADMIN, I set up 2 basic Members to test it today and got the above message.

I have put the code you done in , i have put > $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['MimeType']= 'text/html'; < in the config.php
    I have not put > $Definitions as a Email story < in Local because i think it needs more code added. eg: $Definition["GuestModule.Message"] = hello how you.

Thanks for you time but It's something that i think is important to send the Title to generate interest.

• Please @peregrine how can I add discussion topic as the subject of email sent out by EmailDiscussion plugin?

Also it is possible to add the body of the whole discussion on the email content or just add half the body of discussion and then put statement like "to read more click here"; which will now direct readers to my forum to finish up read the discussion.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@prosper

not sure, I don't use the plugin.

but you can use a config statement for other email notifications

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/209076/#Comment_209076

$Configuration['Vanilla']['Activity']['ShowCommentBody'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Vanilla']['Activity']['ShowDiscussionBody'] = TRUE; 

there is an option in vanilla core called advanced notifications as well. don't know how that will work for you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.