Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect Signature Full Example

mnelson77mnelson77 New
edited May 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Does anyone have a demo example of signing your request using the jsConnect plugin. I have been through the docs for several hours; searched for an example; and attempted to implement as put forth in the docs. I am using the PHP library, version 2.1 Vanilla, and the latest version of jsConnect. I have the plugin working in test mode, but continue to get the signature invalid error.

I am trying to use sha1 as the hash. The email address is passed as a session variable. I have this set of code before defining the user array.

$sessionuserraw = rawurlencode($sessionuser);
$signature_string = "email=".$sessionuserraw."&name=Anonymous&uniqueid=".$sessionid."";
$signature = sha1("$signature_string"."$secret");

then to define the user I have

$user = array();

if ($signedIn) {

// CHANGE THESE FOUR LINES.
       $user['uniqueid'] = $sessionid;
       $user['name'] = 'Anonymous';
       $user['email'] = $sessionuser;
       $user['clientID'] =  '11111111';

}

$secure = true;

WriteJsConnect($user, $_GET, $clientID, $secret, $secure);

I just need to see an example of how these pieces fit together, because the descriptions are not super clear to me.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options

Any assistance with this question? When I look through the PHP library provided for the plugin, it looks like it is being signed within that script, but I am getting a Signature invalid error. Yet when I run in test mode and check the Test URL I see a Signature being generated in the JSON response.

• Options

If you put $Secure = TRUE; it will default to md5.

put $Secure = 'sha1';

grep is your friend.