Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

new discussion button does NOT WORK

So yeah. Stupid of me to not test this, but after spending many hours working on making this theme work with my site... I notice that when I press the new discussions button, it brings me up to a new page. Other themes do not give me this issue... seriously... I just spent like 2 days working on getting this theme to where I need it... and I can't even post a damn thread. Please tell me you guys can tell me how to fix this. I'm not a bootstrap genius, and I've only began to learn how to do bootstraps, but why on earth does the new discussions work on other themes and not this one?

I really have no clue what info to give you. I tried changing he theme options to the default theme, and I get the same result. What the hell is going on?

Comments

• Sorry, in my frustration, I said new page, I meant to say a blank page.

• Resolved this issue. I redownloaded it and it seems that even though it was 2.2.2, it may have been a different build because the folder names we NOT the same. Now works perfectly fine and with my additional stuff still working.

Sorry about that, was just freaking out that all my work was possibly for nothing.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

2.2 is alpha software please use the 2.1 stable version . If you choose not to do this, please file your bugs at GitHub.

• Really? I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

not exactly (one person is talking about bootstrap plugin version and the other person is talking across the issue referring to vanilla versions) Apples and Oranges. I stand to be corrected.

I believe op is talking about bootstrap version 2.2.2 I believe,,,,, not the vanilla version.

the older bootstrap version was packaged in a folder that said vanilla-bootstrap.2.1 or some such thing
    and now the bootstrap is in bootstrap folder (or it could be on github when you zip and download it it is one folder and when you download it from the add-ons section currently it is in bootstrap folder.

it really doesn't matter where it was or what the name is. Bottomline , 2.2.2 version of the plugin in add-ons downloads in bootstrap folder and it works in vanilla 2.1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I thought they were using 2.2 Vanilla.. probably since many people started using it for those themes. ...so never mind.

They did not say what version of Vanilla they were using ...

• I'm having the same issue with the new discussions button not working. It clears everything that has been typed and acts as if you are starting over. Vanilla 2.1 bootstrap 2.2.2, clean install with very few addons. Advice?

• @coloradomoms said:
    I'm having the same issue with the new discussions button not working. It clears everything that has been typed and acts as if you are starting over. Vanilla 2.1 bootstrap 2.2.2, clean install with very few addons. Advice?

perhaps your install is incorrect not the bootstap theme.

do you have the same problem with the default theme or bittersweet theme or is it only with bootstrap?

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/199091/#Comment_199091

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I figured out the issue. Silly me clicked the HUGE new discussions button vs. the much smaller "post" button. Now diving in to see if I can remove that new discussion bottom button before go live as I'm sure my users will do the same thing. ;) Thanks!