Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How add new page

How add new page without plugin

vanilla version: 2.0.1

Tagged:

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Vanilla is itself just an application inside of a framework called Garden. Basically every page you see is the view a controller randers.
    You can use that framework and create pages but then from terminology you will have to create an application which is more complex than creating a plugin.

So if you want to create one simple page I would suggest you to look at BasicPages which makes it very easy to insert a custom page.

If you want to learn how to insert a new page without using an existing plugin - so trying to learn hw to write a plugin that shows a page on your own - I'd suggest you look at ExtraPage to see how that could be achieved

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

You can actually add html pages to the forum folder and link them from the forum.

The disadvantage is that you will need to match the design style to make it look seamless. And there will not be a way to add parts that belong in Vanilla structure to that page as easily as with another application like Basic Pages or Extra Page.

Any file you put inside the forum folder becomes an internal file and you can rout it if you want as well.

Create you html page add it to the forum folder or your theme folder. What matters is that it is inside the forum. Then link to it on the forum menu.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

vanilla version: 2.0.1

is that really your version?

you can use the add menu link plugin to add a link (or add a link in your default.master.tpl or default.master.php) to your page if it exists. or explain your question better, you've got 3 methods presented.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.