Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Facebook Connect plugin Error - UniqueID is required

Setup facebook plugin as mention on plugin page,when users try to regsiter or login via facebook account it give error called "UniqueID is required"

Here the screenshot of the error

could anyone help me to solve problem..

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

I have another question with Facebook plugin.

I have a plugin Facebook in /pluguins/ @ FTP because i haven't it in Plugins in Dashboard

• Options

i have this problem, also :'(

• Options

I found the solution

Dashboard -> Forum Settings -> Social

• Options
    edited June 2014

@NitkaGDA said:
    I found the solution

we are using vanilla version 2.0.18.11..Your are talking about new version..please stay away if u don't know answer

• Options

we are using vanilla version 2.0.18.11..Your are talking about new version..please stay away if u don't know answer

lol. how can he know the answer and "stay away" since you didn't specify your vanilla version when you asked the question in the first place.

telling people who try to stay away, when they try to help you is a bit odd.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    telling people who try to stay away, when they try to help you is a bit odd.

That was my fault.I accept that.I should mention on my first post

i saw NitkaGDA was new to vanilla and he's providing silly answers about users problems..That's why i say "please stay away if u don't know answer"

Anyway could u kindly help me to solve problem,Spend at least over 2 days and still no success.I really appreciate u help.Our forum members starting complain about fb login :\

• Options

@VanillaFan that was uncool, it all very well being polite now, next time be polite in the first place.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@NitkaGDA said:
    I have another question with Facebook plugin.

I have a plugin Facebook in /pluguins/ @ FTP because i haven't it in Plugins in Dashboard

First search to forums for that answer, second if you can find open a new discussion. Don't piggyback other people discussion that aren't related.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@VanillaFan said:

@NitkaGDA said: I found the solution

sounds like a good possible solution, upgrade to 2,1 or make a test installation of 2.1 and see if you solve all your issues. Eventually 2.0.18.x will go away anyway. - seems like you would want to push on to 2.1 if you could.

p.s. @VanillaFan no need to continually pm me about this issue. I don't use connect or facebook.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited June 2014

Already testes using new vanilla version 2.1 it's working fine :)

we couldn't upgrade new version due to the theme compatible problem..We are using Fruit 1.2 theme
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/fruit-theme

• Options
    myemye New
    edited September 2014

I've got the same problem.
    vanilla 2.1.1
    Tried:
    1. * Facebook dev app - not in sandbox mode and set in website mode with urls
    2. * correct values of Application ID & Application Secret
    3. * checked php enabled cUrl, enabled OpenSSL
    4. * updated in class.facebook.plugin.php as said here

public function GetProfile($AccessToken) {
          $Url = "https://graph.facebook.com/me?access_token=$AccessToken";
    //      $C = curl_init();
    //      curl_setopt($C, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE);
    //      curl_setopt($C, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);
    //      curl_setopt($C, CURLOPT_URL, $Url);
    //      $Contents = curl_exec($C);
    //      $Contents = ProxyRequest($Url);
          $Contents = $this->file_get_contents_curl($Url);
          $Profile = json_decode($Contents, TRUE);
          return $Profile;
       }
        function file_get_contents_curl($url) {
        $ch = curl_init($url);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); //Set curl to return the data instead of printing it to the browser.
        curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);

$data = curl_exec($ch);
        curl_close($ch);

return $data;
      }

Still got that UniqueID is required.

I'm stuck.

• Options
    edited September 2014

@‌mye

i think problem on your facebook apps configuration,Did u set site url as follow

change url to your site

• Options

Yes I have that.