Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Creating a Facebook App for user login

Hi there,
Can someone please help in giving me a step by step instruction on how to create an APP on facebook which can be used by users to login via their Facebook account? I went through many discussions here but they were all related to error in signing in. I went through the forum's documentation but it starts from a screen many levels down I think and not from the very first page I see here at https://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/
My forum launch is delayed due to this one matter.

Comments

• Options

please help in giving me a step by step instruction on how to create an APP :'(

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

maybe if you provide a budget of how much you will pay, maybe someone can write it for you (not me), or give you a step-by-step to write an APP.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2014

If you create an app on Facebook, then you get the numbers you need to put in for the api in the dashboard. You need to have open id set up before any of these plugins enabled. Or at least that is how it used to be....

1.Enable Open Id, this involves getting an Id from Open Id

2.Enable Facebook or whatever one you are going to use and add the numbers you got from them .

I personally have not been able to even create a facebook app. They keep asking for verification which I am with credit card and mobile phone. So I never was able and likely never will be able to create a facebook app due to some issue with this.

If you are luck enough to get that far, the rest should be a piece of cake...