Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Only the current user appears and formatting is off

Hello,

I am using V2.1 and Bootstrap theme. The plugin only shows the current user and when it does, it only shows the picture (no username) when there is a photo for the user, and the time stamp breaks the DIV I guess and shows up below the box. I checked permission and I checked "ViewHidden" for all roles. Any thoughts how to add the user name to the photo, change the photo, and show all users online?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited June 2014

If you want a plugin that shows the user name then do not use this one. This one was made specifically to NOT show the name. If you want the name then use Who's online plugin which does not show the avatar but shows the name. This plugin shows the user name when hovering the avatar.

You need to make the frequency it checks for users be 60 seconds or more.

This plugin shows users online avatar. It works I tested it on 8 installations where I logged in and out as a different user and all three appeared. But it has to do with how frequently it looks for users.

The only thing I can think of is that it does not work with Bootstrap. But that is highly unlikely .

• Seconding this issue, using bootstrap and it looks like this: i.imgur.com/GRQEguw.png

edited June 2014

please try the newest version and tell me how it works, if you give me a link and put the box so it shows also for guests I can diagnose what the problem with the css is.

The way it looks is a css thing that will need adjustment depending on the theme....

• EsjituEsjitu New
    edited June 2014

How can I enable it so guests can view it as well? It seems like it only shows the name of the user currently viewing the plugin. Ex. I'm online as both my admin account and a dummy account I made to test things, but it only shows one user online - whoever I'm logged in as in that browser window.

My forum is http://forums.fuckyeahdbzyaoi.com/

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

but it only shows one user online - whoever I'm logged in as in that browser window.

are you using two different browsers e.g chrome and firefox. test it that way.

what version number of plugin are you using? and what version of vanilla?

although I wouldn't change it for guests- so users have privacy (in other words only logged in users know what's going on) and a few other reasons.

as far as other issues - that's for v. also sent you some fixes V for dashboard settings

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

How can I enable it so guests can view it as well?

In the settings, only temporarily while I debug your issue, but I will implement these changes suggested by peregrine asap.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

you also need cleanup as well on some other permissions, proper standardized config statements, etc. etc.

it's getting better each time :). on each new version.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

New version 1.6 with peregrine's suggested changes , please try it out , thanks :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

you should put a note to disable plugin first. delete all online settings everywhere in the config.

and then re-eanble and change settings. otherwise people will have millions of bogus onlinenow settings.

Yes true and to delete the plugin entirely because since we made a new settings page the old settings.php may still be in their folder

• need to put that in your plugin description page and a readme.

edited June 2014
  • change this and you have a fighting chance to make it work with vanillicons and gravatars

line 34 in the online module

from
    ->Select('u.UserID, u.Name, u.Photo, w.Timestamp, w.Invisible')

to
    ->Select('u.UserID, u.Name, u.Photo,u.Email, w.Timestamp, w.Invisible')

edited June 2014

Ok version 1.7 seems to work well with all avatars please try it.

I need to fix DefaultAvatar so it does not override the others if they are enabled.

thanks p <3

• I've got the same formatting issue as hammett03 (I'm not lieing), and I'm running 1.7. I will try to ask nicely and not cause any drama, but has there been any solution? Cause I am running the latest version. Thank you for the addon, by the way.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@vrijvlinder

I think you should put a requirement that the plugin requires gravatars or vanillicons and then you will be able to fend off some questions from people who consistently will not pay attention, and have been advised not to bother you, on numerous occasions, but continue to do so. Since the underage for TOS and trolling behavior of one individual has not caused them to be banned. Although the troll continues, on it is best to ignore the troll that has caused other valuable people to stop posting on the forum. I hate to see you leave the forum V, just because of a plaguing troll who has irritated both moderator, developer and poster alike.

From what I've seen on all the themes I've tried that are written by kasper and other developers, the formatting of images in plugin works fine if all users have images. Although users with malformed self-created themes will continue to have problems with lots of plugins.

V, you could put an option in dashboard settings.....

• a) show names only (no pics)

• and create a names only view (with name and time, using Aside class).
    • b) show pics only and

• require vanillcions or gravatar plugin be used.

• I'm not trolling. This is a big misunderstanding. I'm a kid that wants to help, as repeated over and over. I'm a kid that tries to be nice, but there are people who thinks this kid wants to troll. I'm sure this could all be resolved. Just tell me how to resolve all this, and I can try to do it.

• Hey @vrijvlinder‌

I have two questions:

1. Guests still cant see the users
    2. I have the same issue like some others in this thread that they only see one user online

Im using the latest version.

Thanks

• Forgot to add: Vanilla Version 2.2.3.4

I am sorry, this plugin has only been tested with 2.0 and 2.1 .