HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Suggested Threads after Title

AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
edited June 2014 in Feedback

Since these appear live, and the list of the suggested threads is variable length, and they appear to update live as you type, it distracts the user when typing into the Title box, which may appear to scroll off the visible window area when the list of suggestions is long.

It might be a good idea to put these after the title box rather than before.

Just a suggestion. Thanks for a great plugin!

Tagged:

Comments

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited June 2014

I think an easier edit would be to place an edit in the CSS that makes a statically sized div with scrolls. This would stop any potential overflow and would eliminate the input box moving around. The current implementation mirrors that of stackoverflow.

• @mcu_hq said:
    I think an easier edit would be to place an edit in the CSS that makes a statically sized div with scrolls. This would stop any potential overflow and would eliminate the input box moving around. The current implementation mirrors that of stackoverflow.

Sounds good.

• jamesincjamesinc Sydney ✭✭

In my layout (based on the Bootstrap theme) it was much nicer to place these in the modules area in the side bar of the site. I've attached a ZIP with the necessary changes to accomplish this. Basically the related_posts.php is converted into a Module and then loaded via the PostController_Render_Before event handler.

• jamesincjamesinc Sydney ✭✭

I forgot to include a screenshot showing it in action: