Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Why looks my vanilla like crap in IE? Its unuseable...

Answers

• SchryversSchryvers
    edited July 2014

I looked into chrome web inspector, and yes i see the problems, but i dont know what causes them. In my template file, everything is in the head section.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@‌Schryvers

Ok , please try this, it is a hunch but worth the try

change to this in your tpl instead of the double quotes around "Head" use single quotes {asset name='Head'}

• Well i did make the changes, but its seems te be deeper into the theme.

Heres the code, it should to be oke... but also when i upload a fresh bootstrap , it causes this white bar in some browsers....

well that looks correct, head section is before the body in the source...but do not change any of the others just the asset Head . I looked thru the theme and I did not see anything else that I would suspect causing it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

post a screenshot image of the forum page
    what you are seeing and what you want to change or remove

thx for the reply in advance.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited July 2014

@Schryvers try this css into your custom.css

table.backgrounds{
    min-height: 140px;
    position: relative;
    top: -21px;
    height: 190px;
    }

• Well, that works for the problem of the white space, but in firefox there was no white space, and now im missing some of my header.

Then aqain, i dont think its a problem from me, but from the theme, because i have the white space in the mobile theme too and i dont change things at all there..., (only not on android firefox, firefox always showing it right...

i really lost in this one...

• Well, its not on my side a error... i installed the bootstrap theme again and its seems to be in it....

My source look oke, didnt even put the banner there, but the white spaces is there as well...

Its hopeless...

edited July 2014

Ok try this, it also removes the space, test it with the banner and adjust as necessary

.sticky-footer-body {
    margin-bottom: 101px;
    margin-top: -20px;
    }

also this can work

.sticky-footer-body {
        margin-bottom: 101px;
        margin-top: -2%;
    }

• Well, that works for me fine but not for mozilla. In mozilla the helft of my banner gets deleted.

So but this is to solve a problem with a problem, not to solve direct the problem.. because the standard bootstrap has it too without adjustments..

yes I understand. Maybe you can try a different theme and see if it works better then clone the design so it looks like this one.

• Vrijvlinder thank you for your patience ... I'm not behind a PC at the moment and I uninstalled all the IE versions from my PC ...

Guess if it's really a reproduceable bug there should be a bug report on github, but that's for later on

Patience badge should be on its way ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• So can i make a bug report, cause my eng is not very well.. so if anyone can report it please dot it.

But then theres just one strange thingy. My mobile theme seems to have the same issue.. even if i install a new mobile theme.

Ik weet dat je de bootstrap thema te gebruiken, maar misschien kun je DarkMetal thema proberen en het heeft een mobiel thema DarkMetalMobile en DeepSpace. Deze thema's zijn gebaseerd op PHP in plaats van TPL en zeer goed in mijn mening, maar nogmaals ze zijn mijn mooi themas ;)

It is reproducible @UnderDog I have seen this before on some other people's forum. I thought it was their own doing but it appears some things do not behave the same. I would not file a bug because you can easily fix that by changing some things in the tpl.... and edit the css files to make it work.
    However if it was intended to be perfect out of the box, then I guess a bug report on github would help. But this is Kasper's work and he is the master css man and doubt he makes mistakes of this nature from my experience.

Just try other themes Schryvers if this is not working out...

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2014

@Schryvers: There's nothing wrong with the master view out of the box. Quick question for you though: Does your editor strip BOM (Byte Order Mark) characters? I had a look at your website's source and the first character is a BOM—it's what's causing the HTML to invalidate.

P.S.: Your server might also be adding it.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

shebang!! so this issue has to do with Unicode not with the theme ... interesting

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

Kasper gets the BOM badge. Never in my wildest dreams did I even think big-endian and little-endian was a factor in html, always thought it was a remnant of the past dealing with cpu architecture and memory storage.

by the way BOM is a byte order derivative of BMOC - big man on campus.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

edited July 2014

This answers the ? that appeared in the sri lanka guy's(please sir) forum at the top and we thought he was crazy , that was like a year ago...