Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

server fails every once in a while.

it is vanilla 2.1

when it fails, I get this error:

Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Anyone know what might be going on?

Comments

• dimi3dimi3 New
    edited July 2014

This error comes in chrome, and in firefox I get reset connection. and writes a black page in safari

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

are you on godaddy site.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• dimi3dimi3 New
    edited July 2014
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yeah @peregrine‌ saw that last link before but it has a specific error code... I am on with godaddy know I'll post something when i resolve.... or at least know more.

• Oh BTW in the first thread the is disscussion about going from absolute to relative urls. what is the best way to do that?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

Oh BTW in the first thread the is disscussion about going from absolute to relative urls. what is the best way to do that?

I kind of think above is a red herring.

you might find issue if you scan apache error logs and turn debugging on.
    and take note of what you are doing when you get the error message.

• godaddy said it might be the following:

It is possible that when the error is occurring that it is triggering the Mod_sec of the hosting account. In the current hosting account type that you have it isn't possible for us to disable that function for security reasons. We do have hosting accounts with cPanel that allow us to bypass the Mod_Sec rules, which could resolve the issue.

Sound like a BAD idea...

• sounds like an @x00 rfa - request for answer. :)

• the "index.php?p=/" still shows up in my URL, that could be the the problem could it?