Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

bbcode in CKEditor

JoZ3_69JoZ3_69
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

is possible change html editor to bbcode editor?

Tagged:

Comments

• Myself answer my question

downnload the bbcode - http://ckeditor.com/addon/bbcode

enable extra plugin : - http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/api/CKEDITOR.config-cfg-extraPlugins

• Yeah, you can add plugins to the editor as if it was a regular installation. :smile:

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I tried that editor on wordpress it is nice one but a bit buggy as all of these editors can be. Thanks for adding it :D

• bbcode isn't a standard, so vanilla bbcode may not be CKEditor

if you are using a WYSIWYG, using bbcode is kind of pointless.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    bbcode isn't a standard, so vanilla bbcode may not be CKEditor

if you are using a WYSIWYG, using bbcode is kind of pointless.

The problem is when you already have a forum for a few years and use the bbcode by users initiative , I try to change to html but publications made with bbcode but this appear disorganized... So I'm bound to bbcode and good if I find a more comfortable way that users write their publications especially for the choice of font size and color, welcome be the bbcode in CKEditor :)

• I tried to download this and upload it to my plugins section, but I don't see it available as a plugin... forgive me for being brand new to vanilla -- I'm sure I'm doing something wrong! how did you get this to work?
    I'm moving my forum over from phpbb, so I would at least like former bbcode to view correctly from old posts.

• I tried to download this and upload it to my plugins section, but I don't see it available as a plugin... f

its probably there if you loaded it correctly.

it is what I consider one of those misnamed plugins - the folder name does not match the description or even begin with part of the name.

I really find it very difficult to find plugins when the name doesn't match

look under Vanilla Ckeditor.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @JoZ3_69 said:
    The problem is when you already have a forum for a few years and use the bbcode by users initiative , I try to change to html but publications made with bbcode but this appear disorganized... So I'm bound to bbcode and good if I find a more comfortable way that users write their publications especially for the choice of font size and color, welcome be the bbcode in CKEditor :)

In vanilla format is saved per record.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    In vanilla format is saved per record.

I know, but when I change in the config file

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'BBCode';

To html or markdown, all the old post appear as if I did not acknowledge the BBCode

• @JoZ3_69 said:
    To html or markdown, all the old post appear as if I did not acknowledge the BBCode

I just changed directly in the the Format column to BBCode and the Body to [b]test[/b] of a comment and discussion it worked first time.

I wonder what you have in the Format Column of the old posts. Don't change anything just check.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    I just changed directly in the the Format column to BBCode and the Body to [b]test[/b] of a comment and discussion it worked first time.
    I wonder what you have in the Format Column of the old posts. Don't change anything just check.

I went back to switch to Html, make a backup of the database, delete it and restore the backup, and now works :)

• is this a live site? Or are you in between migration? Because if not you can convert they bbcode to html.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    is this a live site? Or are you in between migration? Because if not you can convert they bbcode to html.

I'm updating to version 2.1 from version 2.0 (with bbcode).

• well if you are happy no that is good.

grep is your friend.