Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theme default.master HTML changes not changing

edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

hi..

I'm using Fruit theme and make some changes on default.master.php..But those changes not accepting anything..Still same old result..To test change css on theme folder custom.css..those css changes works..So problem affected on default.master.php only

Vanilla Version 2.0.18.11

Theme=Fruit (Custom Vanilla Skin - Fruit)

we haven't using cloudflare

Currently Minify plugin disabled

So i make some changes and still nothing changed

1. Increment ThemeInfo Version number
  2. check cache folder .ini files ---->surprise, their haven't any .ini files check my localhost development site,their has those .ini files..So i alter all those init files current details and upload files(okb files) to cache folder,nothing changed :'(
  3. Rename cache folder,Still nothing happened and our site working fine :o
  4. check confing/config-defaults.php file cache details..

`$Configuration['Cache']['Enabled']                              = TRUE;
      $Configuration['Cache']['Method']                               = 'dirtycache';`

Please help me..If u need any details,let me know

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2014

What changes did you make ? Please post the contents of the default.master.php

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

make sure you have no backups or extra files with similar name with php extensions in the folder.

zip up the old fruit theme folder - delete the fruit theme folder

install the new fruit theme folder (with your changes). no duplicate or old copies.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited August 2014

@peregrine said:
    make sure you have no backups or extra files with similar name with php extensions in the folder.

:o:o:o:o

before i make changes take backup file as default.master_old.php. ;)

Now delete default.master_old.php file and it's working fine...Thank u very much :D

• never leave duplicates with php extension.

I've had people whose views didn't work because they had files with similar names in different plugin folder that was a disabled plugins (e.g. view not found). Similar with helper functions, etc. where changes don't seem to take. troubleshoot for hours because they have some duplicate hanging around somewhere in vanilla, but since I didn't have access to folder structure or files, I didn't know what they did and sometimes they didn't know what they did either :) , and it always leads to some mysterious problem.

Because of the dynamic nature of the way vanilla finds and loads things you will almost always run into trouble.

rule of thumb change to x-filename.ph

or zip up all old files and remove.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thank u very much for those tips..i'm checking other places..where i take back or not ;)