Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Nebula theme internal server error

hi ,
i am currently using vanilla 2.1.2 when i apply the nebula theme .the site showing me a 500 internal server error ..dont know whats happening

Comments

• anyone help me please .other themes are atleast working eventhough the css messed up . i tried contacting author he said he is busy and have no time . when i activate the theme the internal server occurs.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Be patient. Someone will take care for your problem, I'm sure of that. Meanwhile you could check the servers error log and report what you can find. Or browse this site for error 500 (https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=site:vanillaforums.org+error+500&safe=off&tbs=qdr:y)
    Maybe adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to your /conf/config.php could also be helpful.

Give as much information as possible and maybe even I could help you out (although I rarely have to do with server errors)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@‌Vegetacool

anyone help me please .other themes are atleast working eventhough the css messed up . i tried contacting author he said he is busy and have no time . when i activate the theme the internal server occurs.

sometimes money talks :). maybe he could find time with the right amount of money.

otherwise it looks like a very tedious task to upgrade ..... :)

Once again overriding views limits the life of a theme or plugin if it isn't updated

events are missing, calls are stale, etc.

The big issue is views override - all of the helper_functions are stale.

what you can do, is compare the differences between 2.1.2 views helper functions and nebulas helper functions, and update as needed with all the new trigger events - getting rid of methods that are not longer used, stray &, add new events, and change functions/ methods.

you could also
    delete the
    Nebulaviews/discussion/ folder
    the

Nebula/views/discussions/ folder

and it won;t crash. but you've got some css fixin to do.

keep the custom.css and the default.master.php and rework the theme yourself.

the other thing about Nebula theme - it is not package inside a Nebula folder as pretty much every theme or plugin,- so if you unzipped into the wrong place that could be another reason for your issues.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited September 2014

i uploaded to the right place in the server other themes are working very well .i guess the problem is with the nebula theme itself somewhere i read its not compatible with even 2.0 version .so i leave it like that .so far with newest version 2.1.2 only bootstrap theme is working for me otherthan default theme . i want to stick to the default theme with little bit modification of css and guess what when i go to the theme folder there is a folder called "default " but there is no custom.css in it .anybody knows whats happening ? how to change colors for the default vanilla forums theme baseline?

Look through that discussions: there are numerous links here http://vanillaforums.org/discussions/tagged/theming

• what theme does the vanilla community based on ? is it a custom theme?

Yes, it is. And the editor is a custom one, too. But the editor will be included in 2.3

• There is a box saying this
    Current releases are 2.1.2 (5 Sept 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)

Ready for 2.1? Find out if your favorite plugins are compatible. The 2.0 branch will no longer receive updates after Dec 2014.

how to pull off something like that ? its like giving important news to everybody . how can i do that ? is that a plugin?

Go to /dashboard/message and add your messages :)