Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is smiley supported in vanilla 2.1.3 ??

I am using Vanilla 2.1.3 and After enabling Emotify by Mark O'Sullivan... No Emoticon is showing, only the text showing.
Do any one facing the same issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• works for me. tested with markdown 2.1.3 in buttonbar.

you need to be more specific about editor, theme, plugin version, formatter, and what other plugins you have enabled if you have problems

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

did you read this - look at the spread sheet or add to the discussion. emotify version 2.05

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1

looks like 2 other people have not problem in 2.1 and I've tested in 2.1.3 and it works.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I have emotify Version 2.0.5 by Mark O'Sullivan. Also the emoticon is showing at before the time of posting but when posted, it is not showing... See the image

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

you've got two editors running at once, that always a recipe for .... and it looks like a deprecated editor as well.

that could be your problem. troubleshoot by disabling one editors or the other and changing input formatter to see what works. then you can narrow down your issue and specify which gives you the problem.

don't know what plugins you are using.

• I disabled both the editor but it is still not working...

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Okay, Leave it for now. Suggest me plugin so that I can add files( Images) as like I am doing here on this site...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@Irfanalam123 said:
    Okay, Leave it for now. Suggest me plugin so that I can add files( Images) as like I am doing here on this site...

I suggest you start new discussions related to entirely different topics.

fileupload - is used for attachments.

imageupload also is used with images. http://vanillaforums.org/addon/imageupload-plugin

you can also search the addons section and forum for discussions on what people like.

you could also try emoticons and see if that works for you and there are several other emoticon types of addons.