Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to change color and close the question?

I am using Q&A version 1.2.1 and I want that if the questioner or the moderator or administrator accept a answer as right answer then the background color of that accepted answer should change to something we specified like green and also the question get closed automatically, so that no new answer can be provided to that question.
Anyone knows please help !!

Comments

• Also when no answer is posted, -1 comment sorted by votes. And when a answer is posted then 0 comments sorted by votes. Please help someone !

• change the color with css and class probably. use your web inspector.

the counter probably needs to be incremented by 1 in the plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I incremented as mentioned in a post from -1 to 0 and it worked but after this if I click vote up or down then it result in blank browser with only writted TRUE

• what post are you referring to, or should we guess.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited September 2014

Sorry I got confused.... The -1 comment is related to Voting module... http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/185789/#Comment_185789

and the color/close post is related to Q&A module

• Sorry I got confused

it happens.

so is your question about voting plugin, if so, start a new discussion under the voting plugin.

• Okay, I will start new topic in voting module. But please answer this question how to change color and close the question automatically if a answer to a question is accepted..

• do you know how to use your web-developer tools, if not see the tutorials on the web

also css tutorials.

.Item.QnA-Item-Accepted {
    bacground-color: green;
    }

you would need to write a plugin to close it automatically, or hire @minion. or @schwiapbot

• @peregrine said:
    do you know how to use your web-developer tools, if not see the tutorials on the web

also css tutorials.

.Item.QnA-Item-Accepted {
    bacground-color: green;
    }

you would need to write a plugin to close it automatically, or hire minion. or schwiapbot

Where? Please tell me the file name and path...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

it should be background-color

in the custom.css in your theme.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20231/how-to-become-somewhat-adept-at-modifying-vanilla-to-meet-your-needs-for-free#latest

there a a few threads on how to hire a developer, also your university has computer engineers, see if you can find one who knows css and php. they might be able to help you with all your customization wishes that you have posting in numerous discussion. short of that read some tutorials, documentation, or hire a developer.

• edited September 2014

There is nothing in custom.css , I am using bootstrap 2.3.1 and style cerulean

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

why is it that you won't read any of the tutorial links I posted?

• @peregrine said:
    why is it that you won't read any of the tutorial links I posted?

because that are too long and has nested links...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@Irfanalam123 said:
    because that are too long and has nested links...

oh well, good luck with your forum.

• edited September 2014

But please tell me where to change that code? I am using bootstrap 2.3.1 and style cerulean...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

in custom.css in the theme

just add the darn thing

.QnA-Item-Accepted div {
        background-color: green !important;
        }

or

use any other element you want.

you will be forever be in the dark.

• until you begin to read a tutorial on themes.
    • or a learn a thimbleful of information about css and web developer tools.

hire a developer or make an attempt to learn. take a few days and read,

nothing is more tiresome then someone who makes no attempt to read documentation about themes and css - when there is so much on the wiki and the forum and the tutorials. specifically related to themes and custom.css.

forever answering basic questions about the same thing over and over and over again is done by @vrijvlinder‌
    I have no patience for people who can't read the simple documentation or make an effort to spend some time instead of rushing headlong into something they know nothing about because they refuse to read.

so until you read a few tutorials, I have no more answers for you.

• @Irfanalam123 said:
    But please tell me where to change that code? I am using bootstrap 2.3.1 and style cerulean...

If people give you resources to help then read them. Otherwise why ask?

99.99% of CSS problem can be solved with an inspect tool, and peregrine has told you what to do. Nothing more to say.

grep is your friend.

• Okay I will be back to you after a month !!