Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it possible to give a different view to first post in topics?

1. Is it possible to separate the #1 post? (I mean something like this: http://superuser.com/questions/294681/how-does-a-computer-restart-itself)
  2. Currently is there any theme with this view?
Tagged:

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@qwenty‌

The first post has the following id:

<div class="Discussion">

You can alter its properties via custom.css in a custom theme.

• Aside from whu606's tag to style on, you might be able to use this if the discussion thread spans multiple pages. so you can always see the discussion opening post at the top on successive pages

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/displaydiscussioncontent-plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• freelancingcarefreelancingcare Dhaka, Bangladesh
    edited September 2014

I think you may use CSS3 :nth-child() Selector for you first post in discussion. you will just select first li by CSS3 :nth-child()

For example :
    ul.Discussions li::nth-child(1) {
    background: #ff0000;
    }

try that

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@freelancingcare said:
    I think you may use CSS3 :nth-child() Selector for you first post in discussion. you will just select first li by CSS3 :nth-child()

For example :
    ul.Discussions li::nth-child(1) {
    background: #ff0000;
    }

try that

Interesting - you answered he question in the Title, - re Topics page Discussions page
    Is it possible to give a different view to first post in topics?

and we answered the question she illustrated as an image in the body of the discussion. re: individual topic. Discussion page

two interpretations depending on whether you read the title or the opening post :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@peregrine‌ bro, i thought he asked to change the first post visual style changes... anyway thanks for your correction.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@freelancingcare said:
    peregrine‌ bro, i thought he asked to change the first post visual style changes... anyway thanks for your correction.

you answered the title question though so you're correct as well. Only thing he's a she :) But, we only know that, because 422 inquired about her marital status :) in a previous discussion.

:D:D again second mistake... i need to reboot myselft :dizzy_face: