Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not Working with 2.1.x (It is now, see thread for patch)

2»

Comments

• ShmizzleShmizzle New
    edited September 2014

This plugin is awesome, I love it and my users love it too. Hopefully by the time 2.0 stops being supported and I'm forced to upgrade, this plugin will work with 2.1!

• i update to vanilla 2.1.3 but it not working.

• @peregrine‌ please help me it not working for me

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/215353/#Comment_215353

once again, I didn't write the plugin. If it doesn't work the way you want, you can make a request from author of plugin.

but if you are looking to hire someone, state how much you will pay, and someone might do this for you. or the author of the plugin will probably take payment as well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

for my localhost I made changes to the js to make it work with 2.1.3. selecting quotes in discussions and comments.

I'm sure someone can clean it up, be my guest.

it may work for you, if so great. then you can say it works for you.

If it doesn't work for you, obviously someone else needs to post one that works. not me.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@Shmizzle , @inno4du

tested 2.1.3 boostrap theme, markdown, buttonbar.

see zip in the comment directly above called van213-quoteselection.zip , extract it and copy over the quoteselection.js form extracted zip into the quoteselection plugin folder.

selection in discussion

selected

posted

selected in comment

posted

• inno4duinno4du New
    edited September 2014

thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx it working for me. agian thanx for the help @peregrine‌

• Cool, thanks @peregrine! Still holding off on 2.1 until 2.0 is no longer supported, so I can't test it on my forum right now, but I'm sure it works.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Shmizzle‌

I really would recommend setting up at least a test install of 2.1.

Then, if all your bits work, you can make the change.

• @peregrine Thank you for the mod. I want to make the text a bit smaller in the quote. I don't think this is handled in the quoteselection.css file. Probably the custom.css file?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@peregrine Thank you for the mod

you are welcome. glad that this puts to rest this title of the discussion. "Not Working with 2.1"

since it does NOW work in 2.1.

this discussion probably needs to closed by an alert moderator.

• @peregrine said:
    for my localhost I made changes to the js to make it work with 2.1.3. selecting quotes in discussions and comments.

I'm sure someone can clean it up, be my guest.

it may work for you, if so great. then you can say it works for you.

If it doesn't work for you, obviously someone else needs to post one that works. not me.

Working perfectly with 2.1.3 + bootstrap, tyvm!

This discussion has been closed.