Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Question on google advert embedded in footer

TBMYBTBMYB New
edited September 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have set up the plugin, and removed Captcha from my config file. I have made sure it only works on registration, as that's all I need to prevent spammers getting in. I have opted for the 1x1px iframe.

I am using the Bootstrap theme. When I visit the registration page, the footer has an iframe added underneath which contains a full HTML page with an embedded (currently blank) Google advert, sized 336x280px underneath the site logo and other content there. Thus, this expands my footer's size and obstructs the actual registration page, so users cannot see the dialog boxes to register, making it pointless.

Questions:

1. Is the advert necessary to use this plugin? Can we remove it?
  2. We use Google Adsense to monetise our website. Would Keypic embedding an advert not be a violation of our terms with our ads?
  3. When I activate the other Keypic options, the same problem occurs with posting new topics and replies.

I have removed our Google ads as a precaution. Please advise.

Comments

• I checked this on the Baseline theme too, and the advert (though blank) still takes up that space underneath the registration form.

(Sorry, ran out of time to edit)

• @‌TBMYB

1 Yes it is possible remove it, you have to pay the service fee, you subscribed for advertising service

2 No, we are part of doubleclick ad exchange, and in the future we will get advertising using RTB protocol directly.

We have to move the advertising place, the footer is not the right location, someone know another hook to put the advertising/transparent pixel nearby the form?

• That's fine, though I thought if you chose 1x1 pixel that's what would be there rather than a full size ad.

• Yes you are right, in fact it is not really user friendly, we have to do something to give a better message to vanilla administrators

• These are bugs you'll encounter on new platforms, without feedback and problems arising they can't be fixed! :smile:

• @‌TBMYB

We released version 1.2 we changed the place of banners.

Do you have time to try it?

• I will tonight and give feedback, your quick responses are much appreciated.

• @keypic - working without a hitch, no obstructions using Baseline and Bootstrap themes. Thanks!