HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

SQL/Gdn_Model: Get previous and next entry WHERE...

2»

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

oh nevermind then, yes Bleistivt is on a rocket ride to vanilla rockstardom :) we are glad to have him

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

my bets are on that @Bleistivt will win the nomination for best new contributor of 2014.

although a member since 2013 rose to the forefront in 2014.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2014

The idea is to eliminate the need to scroll up or go back a page when asking yourself "what is the user responding to?"

Would it be a better idea to store the link when the mention is saved, each comment has a permalink? You could put the link in some kind of attribute on client side in the mention link, and make sure that is retained. Do the same for quotes.

I have definitely seen such a system for quotes.

In reality is all you need to sore is the comment anchor becuase you can detect in the same page scroll to it, or if it not there request the full link.

grep is your friend.

• Alternatively you could to it how you wish, but make use of a cache layer on the server. Also make sure the client doesn’t continuously request by stash the result.

grep is your friend.