Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

not working with editer

i enable this pluging but editer button not working

Comments

• whenever you see

it means js is broken.

you would see that in your web console if you checked for errors.

e.g.

TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null

var lastCommentID = document.getElementById('LastCommentID').getAttribute('value...

in plugins/InformNewComments/js/ informnewcomments.js line 21 which says.

var lastCommentID = document.getElementById('LastCommentID').getAttribute('value');

since LastCommentID produces a null value and doesn't exist. you get an error.

I don't know if this produces the correct results, but it gets rid of the errors and pops something on the screen.

change line 21 to this.

var lastCommentID = document.getElementById('latest').getAttribute('value');

@r_j will probably have a different solution :wink:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

or maybe this

if (document.getElementById('LastCommentID') ){
                var lastCommentID = document.getElementById('LastCommentID').getAttribute('value');
           }

or

if (document.getElementById('latest') ){
               var lastCommentID = document.getElementById('latest').getAttribute('value');
          }

back to r_j - need to test for null anyway I think whatever the element.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Family affairs - I might not be able to look after that before wednesday

@inno4du: I've uploaded a new version which should be working with Vanilla 2.1
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/informnewcomments-plugin

@peregrine: I'm quite surprised, but there is no LastCommentID containing the last comment id element any more, but I could have sworn it has been there in 2.1 also.

Now there is a js array containing that information that I haven't seen before...

• i try this it working for me but some times that error came again

Could you look at the JavaScript console of your browser when it happens? Tell me the line and the error message, please.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@r_j said:
    Now there is a js array containing that information that I haven't seen before...

fwiw - just testing it, it seems to work for me without any js errors with the new changes you implemented in version 0.3 and pops up a correct count, when I use two browsers and 2 users on localhost and post to same discussion.

just curious how did you get that clue for the definitions array and the variables.

I was just looking at the sites source for "LastCommentID" ;)

• inno4duinno4du New
    edited September 2014

no no some times i clear the cache but some times no need to clear cache. i want to solve that