Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Sharing comments between Vanilla/Facebook not working

Hello,

I've got a problem with the new social function in vanilla.
For a legal reason I must change my personal Facebook account which represent an Mountain bike organisation to an "organisation Facebook page".

Since this modification, I can't share Vanilla forum discussion on Facebook anymore.

All settings on Vanilla are correct because when I clic on the Facebook flag I 've got the message "Thanks for sharing !" but nothing appears on my facebook page.

Can you tell me what's wrong ?

Thanks for you help

Comments

• Can someone confirm me that it is impossible to use Facebook/Vanilla discussion sharing when you're using Facebook as a Page ?

• Self reply.

I've done a test and I confirm that actually it is impossible to share Vanilla discussions on a facebook Page.

For developers:

Usually you manage a vanilla forum because you represent an organisation.

Due to Facebook's legal restrictions, it is not permit to represent an organisation under a personal profile.

So sharing discussions is not possible when you have a Page on Facebook even if the aim of this vanilla plugin (Facebook) is to reach more people

Do you think it will be possible to do it in a future release ?