Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can you control what items show in the Activity list on a users profile?

TownFishTownFish New
edited October 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

There are some items I do not want to show in the profile activity list so was wondering if you can turn various items off from being displayed?

Can this be done at admin level or only at user level (or both)?

Tagged:

Answers

• the answer probably depends on what you mean by items. A bit more effort into questions woul;d help.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes. Virtually everything can be removed from pretty much any page. You can do so either by using css to hide certain elements or php so they won't even render on that particular page.

What version of vanilla are you using, which theme and what 'items' do you want 'turned off'?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

it looks like he's using vanilla 2.0.x since he's posting in 2.0 help.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Hello I'm actually using 2.1 i selected the wrong category apologies.

With items I'm referring to actions such as comments, uploads, badges won, etc.

All i really want to be showing in here is direct comments to and from users, or have the ability to choose what gets shown here and leave certain things which i feel are more suited to the notification feed.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Moved to 2.1