Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

File Upload Plugin doesn't show up by members

The file upload plugin doesnt seems to work very well...

Only me as an Administrator sees the Attach a file link.. Moderators and Members doesnt see anything when they open a discussion or react on a topic...

Im using Vanilla 2.1.3 on Ozone theme, ill tried it on Bootstrap theme too doesnt work either only on Admin....

Hows that work?

thanks alot

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

you need to set permissions in your dashboard roles

give members upload and download privileges.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

If it works for you then it works. You may have messed up permissions.

Look inside dashboard in the roles and permissions page and make sure they have permissions to upload and download.

• @peregrine @vrijvlinder‌

im so sorry, Fileupload 1.5.2 doesnt work for me but the package @vrijvlinder uploaded on vanillaforums.org/discussion/27341/upload-never-end works well for me (1.7.1), as the discussion says upload never ends, 1.5.2 actually the upload never ends! but the 1.7.1 from vijvlinder works good!

I never knew i need to set the permissions, so sorry for that.. Its working now and im feeling very stupid...

ah no worries, nothing that a slap on the face would not cure... ;)
    hehehe

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

@Schryvers said:
    peregrine vrijvlinder‌

im so sorry, Fileupload 1.5.2 doesnt work for me but the package vrijvlinder uploaded on vanillaforums.org/discussion/27341/upload-never-end works well for me (1.7.1), as the discussion says upload never ends, 1.5.2 actually the upload never ends! but the 1.7.1 from vijvlinder works good!

I never knew i need to set the permissions, so sorry for that.. Its working now and im feeling very stupid...

I'm curious can you delete an attachment after the post or comment is saved, with version 1.7.1

if you have an issue try this

https://github.com/vanilla/addons/archive/2.1.zip

extract file upload, then copy file Fileupload folder to /plugins/FileUpload

then see http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/216335/#Comment_216335

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I can delete using that p, the problem is with the file icon if you upload a file the url for the file icon is messed up or something .

For future issues, now you know that Many Plugins use permissions, so that is the first place to look if it only works for Admin.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    I can delete using that p, the problem is with the file icon if you upload a file the url for the file icon is messed up or something .

I don't think that is an issue with the mod I made, I guess its up to the users to decide which one they want and which version works better for them.

1.8.2.1, or 1.7.1

They should use 1.8.2.1 in my opinion if it works for them too. I think your mod fixes that issue in 1.7.1 so they should use that one the one with your mod until the one here is updated...

• The 1.7.1 is working straight out the box if u set the permissions right. Even i can delete the files i added after the post is automatically saved. Works like a charm!