Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Bootstrap embedded cutting off top 'New Discussion' button

2»

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@showstuff said:
    would I need to copy the iframe code after making that change and add it to my site to see the changes?

No but it could speed up the changes by disabling the embed and then reenabling it after you delete all the .ini files in the cache of the forum.

• Options

Ok, I've added those two lines where you indicated...

Checking on host caching options...

• Options

make sure you don't delete the Smarty folder in the forum cache...

• Options

I've only been deleting the .ini files; leaving the 'empty' document, Smarty folder, and now the CSSedit folder associated with that plugin.

after making those changes to the embed.js file, my site only loads 'Discussions by Vanilla'

I hadn't gotten the chance to check on host caching...

• Options

removed the two lines after //must be block and got embed working again except that it's still cutting off top...

what's confusing is that the page loads properly after a refresh??? why would it not load properly on the initial call on that page?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

probably because of timing... and info already known.

embedding, if you can avoid it, always better.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Yes you can clone the looks of your site and make it look identical so they won't even notice

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

you could find a theme "designeer" (aka theme design engineer) here:

the Complete list is here (it's pretty lengthy, it was a popular thread) :wink::wink::wink:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28175/list-of-available-custom-theme-developers

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:
    Yes you can clone the looks of your site and make it look identical so they won't even notice

HIGHLY unlikely that I could do it! You guys (& girl) have been spoon feeding me through my Vanilla infancy!

I'll be in touch... thanks again for sticking with me...

• Options
    edited October 2014

@peregrine said:
    you could find a theme "designeer" (aka theme design engineer) here:

the Complete list is here (it's pretty lengthy, it was a popular thread) :wink::wink::wink:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28175/list-of-available-custom-theme-developers

Yes and that makes me sad :( I know there are more around here...

• Options

YOU DID IT! With your powers combined! I could not use the margin-top line because it broke the iframe completely BUT...

I disabled caching from my host provider on both my site and the forum subdomain just to be safe. NOW the discussions are no longer getting cut off...

Now on to the next issue... Thanks again!

@peregrine said:
    you should ask your host how turn off caching and minification pagespeed supercache. etc.

you will always have a nightmare testing or changing things until you know how.

@vrijvlinder said:
    no the 300 is the minimum height if not 100%

add this after the line that says //must be block

vanillaIframe.style.margin-top = "20px";
    vanillaIframe.style.height = "100%";

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

YOU DID IT! With your powers combined!

@vrijvlinder is like kryptonite to me. : >:)

and I'm like Spinach to her if she were Popeye.

or is it the other way around. :wink:

or one of us is a catalyst to the other. we do lots of tagtime competitions (good cop- bad cop) around the world.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

now all we need to do to finish this off - is put this discussion proper category i.e. Vanilla 2.1 help.

• Options

oh man.... totally missed that... sorry...