HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some translations problems

edited October 2014 in Localization

Hello,
I have some problems with the translation of my forum. I could translate all correctly, but there is some details missing and I can not find easy solution (I do not want to modify the application).

Maybe I am missing something, but can you help with that?

My problems are:

• Translation for the months.

• Tranlation for Roles descriptions

• In the user activity the word "Joined"

• In the bookmarks popup, when you have bookmarks, the sentence "All Bookmarks", I can translate "Bookmarks" but not "All".

Thank you!

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

In the bookmarks popup, when you have bookmarks, the sentence "All Bookmarks", I can translate "Bookmarks" but not "All".

$Definition['All Bookmarks']= "llA skramkooB";

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/209149/#Comment_209149

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/217329/#Comment_217329

$Definition['Give A man a fish']= "Teach a man how to fish";

months are trickier...

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/171784/#Comment_171784

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/171773/#Comment_171773

easier to just change format to numbers if you can't set locales via...

http://php.net/manual/en/function.setlocale.php

e.g. you can change these to what you want.

$Definition['Date.DefaultDayFormat'] = '%B %e';
    $Definition['Date.DefaultFormat'] = '%B %e, %Y';
    $Definition['Date.DefaultTimeFormat'] = '%l:%M%p';
    $Definition['Date.DefaultYearFormat'] = '%B %e, %Y';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited October 2014

Thank you for the answer peregrine. I already have this line:

$Definition['All Bookmarks'] = 'Todos los Marcadores';

Because of this, I try to understand why the translation does not work.

For example, for "Joined" is exactly the same problem I have:

$Definition['%1$s joined.'] = '%1$s se registró.';

$Definition['Joined'] = 'Registrado el';

But the translation is never done :(

• $Definition['Bookmarks']= "Los Marcadores";

$Definition['All %s'] = "Todos %s";

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited October 2014

Thanks, the problem with the bookmarks is fixed :)

Still problem with date (will try your solution later)

Problem with Joined

And problem with roles descriptions

• $Definition['HeadlineFormat.Registration'] = '{ActivityUserID,You} se registró');

• you have to post a screenshot where role description is.

• @peregrine said:
    $Definition['HeadlineFormat.Registration'] = '{ActivityUserID,You} se registró');

this did not work.

Here is the screenshot

• edited October 2014

For translate this sentences I have this, but does not work:

$Definition['Guest Role Description'] = 'Los invitados solo pueden ver el contenido. Toda la g...

$Definition['Unconfirmed Role Description'] = 'Los usuarios deben confirmar su email al regist....

$Definition['Applicant Role Description'] = 'Los usuarios que quieren ser miembros pero todaví...

$Definition['Member Role Description'] = 'Los miembros pueden participar en discusiones.';

$Definition['Moderator Role Description'] = 'Los moderadores pueden editar casi todo el conten...

$Definition['Administrator Role Description'] = 'Los administradores pueden hacer cualquier co...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

Yes, those do not appear to change the dashboard info but...

all you do is Edit in dashboard and change name and description as you desire.

was the join solved?

Hope you join as Translator and add the translations to the Transifex!, if they aren't in there.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

I think they have some bugs in the logic. as far as changing role description in Dashboard

because that is in the structure or else $Definition['Administrator Role Description'] = '....
    this needs to be done before installation in dashboard locales.

post an issue on github.

• No, the join was not solved.

I will post the issue in github and of course (and another one I found), and will do public my translation as soon as is complete.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

$Definition['HeadlineFormat.Registration']= '{ActivityUserID,You} registro.';

only new activity is transalated. old activity will never be translated. You would need to edit the Activity Table to change already existing activity info.

• edited October 2014

@peregrine said:
    $Definition['HeadlineFormat.Registration']= '{ActivityUserID,You} registro.';

only new activity is transalated. old activity will never be translated. You would need to edit the Activity Table to change already existing activity info.

Ok, thank you.

So, lets follow the github issue and I later will try to translate the month, will tell here if did work.

• Locales working now, so month are correct shown in the localization of the translation.

Took this approach: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/171928#Comment_171928

Nice to test the locales before try to put in vanilla. The locale was failing after installing in my server. I tried to refresh, regenerate etc but nothing work, only rebooting the machine solved the problem.

So, only the problem with the roles is missing, but there is a github issue for that.

Thank you very much peregrine. Muchas gracias! :smile: