Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

migrating from webserver to your local server

i have downloaded my vanilla files and database from my hosting server and i want to use it in a local server. i have imported the database and placed the webfile in the www folder. what should i do again to make it work?

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Delete the ini files from cache, and make sure that your conf.php file has the correct username and pw for the database.

• Options

doesn't work

• Options

try to make what is broken work.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

it just comes blank ..i have tried with a friend but still...

• Options

search for the word blank and debug. see the documentation, have you read it?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@martin2008‌

Do you have a web server on your local PC?

How have you imported your Vanilla db into your local mySQL install?

• Options

YEP I HAVE

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

this discussion should be closed. either it has been solved or no additional useful info provided by OP. with the exception of "yep" or "don't work"

see: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/217451/#Comment_217451 for more insights.