Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hide Closed Discussions ?

I am using Bootstrap theme I want to hide the closed discussion or certain discussions to not to appear in the front discussion page. How could I hide those discussions ?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

ok, you can try using some css

li.Item.Closed{
    display:none!important;
    }

• Intresting...

with @vrijvlinder 's code in custom.css, it disable al closed topics everywhere not only on discussions front page...

i would love to have it too

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

Intresting...

with vrijvlinder 's code in custom.css, it disable al closed topics everywhere not only on discussions front page...

i would love to have it too

think about it @Schryvers identify the page via the id or similar factor that separates it from others.

e.g.

#vanilla_discussions_index li.Item.Closed{
        display:none!important;
        }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• where should put the code and tried in custom.css, custom_readable.css of bootstrap and even style.css of bootstrap. But no closed discussions are hiding from the frontpage...

• @peregrine works for me!

@sinto001 thats what you need to add to your custom.css

@peregrine, learned from this, need to give it a sort of "path" from where to not display it thanks.

• @Sinto001 said:
    where should put the code and tried in custom.css, custom_readable.css of bootstrap and even style.css of bootstrap. But no closed discussions are hiding from the frontpage...

it works in bootstrap in custom.css provided you have the same id (which you should).

and you are not caching pages.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Clear your cache delete your browser history and cookies etcetc.

The latest provided code on this page works fine! All closed topics are not listed on /discussions/ and on index if discussions is your index.

Love it thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    Yes my CSS always works :D

without question!

• Sinto001Sinto001 New
    edited October 2014

@peregrine said:
    t works in bootstrap in custom.css provided you have the same id (which you should).
    and you are not caching pages.

Where should I get the id from and where I should use it ... this code is not working in custom.css of bootstrap..?