Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need help in embedding vanilla forum with a question2answer website

MaddoxMaddox New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Need help, people ... I already have a question2answer website and and I have installed a vanilla forum too. As you know that there is an embed plugin at vanilla forum that enables embedding the installed Vanilla forum into a remote web application.

A javascript code has been given to embed and it says 'Copy and paste this forum embed code into the remote application where you would like the forum to appear' .. My question is where to put that code on my question2answer website so that the vanilla forum gets embedded ? Do I need to make a new plugin for it ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

why don't you guys just tell us how you solved things, because invariably another user months from now is going to ask I had the same problem how do I fix. just makes it easier. All questions asked and then solved by the same person, should provide the solution as a courtesy to others,

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Options

problem solved. Now its working well

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

why don't you guys just tell us how you solved things, because invariably another user months from now is going to ask I had the same problem how do I fix. just makes it easier. All questions asked and then solved by the same person, should provide the solution as a courtesy to others,

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

oops...Sorry I missed it.. New to this forum, so didn't knew the system.. Yeah agree with you... It should provide the solution as a courtesy to others. Thanks for raising this point. So here it is... There is an option at question2answer called add a page... Add a new page and add the javascript code there.. Your forum gets embedded... But if you want to integrate it (single sign in) then you have to do it manually, the procedure is given at the question2answer website which I had overlooked at first..

• Options

thx

• Options

@maddox can you explain in full, how you did it, if possible you pm me. I got stuck from this part it says function qa_get_logged_in_user(). Will really appreciate.

• Options
    MaddoxMaddox New
    edited November 2014

@sodiq55 .. Buddy, its been approx two and half years now. I hardly remember anything. I had used it as a platform for my project during college days. But see the answer I have given above. It may help. :)