HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

VFORG french translation is... bad.

K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Hi!

The french translation of VFORG have errors.
For exemple, un the header, the link go the blog is "Blogue".

But this word dors notre exists. The good word is "Blog". Like english.

If I found another wrong word/sentence, i tell it here.

Comments

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Replace "visionnements" by "vues" , the first exists , but you cant' use it everywhere.

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited November 2014

Not only are you posting in the wrong category, you're also in the wrong place to improve translations.

Simply create a Transifex account and join the french team :)
    https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/

If the translation pack is correct and you actually only mean this site, which runs on the hosted platform, just wait for them to update the translation packs.

• I get the impression that French translations are often contentious issue, they have fought pitch battles over the use words :p

Quibequos to the French is probably bit like what Mexican is to the Spanish. Don't even go there. This is probably were the bâtardisation happens with le blogue. ;)

grep is your friend.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

@Bleistivt a dit :
    Not only are you posting in the wrong category, you're also in the wrong place to improve translations.

Simply create a Transifex account and join the french team :)
    https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/

If the translation pack is correct and you actually only mean this site, which runs on the hosted platform, just wait for them to update the translation packs.

No, i'm already on transifex, and this errors are not on french transifex.

I'ts the translation of Vanillaforums.ORG , when you select french at thé bottom, you have this errors.

• It is interesting that Quebec french appears to be more successful in translating words into French rather than using loan words, despite having it own style. It appears the Académie française isn't as successfully as it hopes.

The very fact that French use Blog and Blogue is Quibequos highlights this.

Perhaps they should call it a "journal toile" or "journal filet" you can also add "du monde" at the end. :D

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2014

I have just got back from the Académie française, the official translation of Blog is going to be

"journal de ​​la arragement de vastes réseaux mondiaux"

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2014

Apparently Welsh uses "deinosor" for "dinosaur" so we should change that to "mawr madfall - adar" which translates as "giant lizard-bird" or we could simply call it "ddraig go iawn fel arfer heb adenydd ond weithiau gyda adenydd" which translates as "real dragon usually without wings but sometimes with wings"

grep is your friend.