Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mark Sullivan "Embed-Friendly" Theme (gear icon doesn't work)

I am currently experiencing an issue with the "Embed-Friendly" Theme that came inside my vanilla install package. I would like to use this theme but it appears that there is some breaks in the theme.

This was a new install. From godaddy using Installatron.

All themes work except this one, and i am unable to find a fix.

Symptoms:

1. Gear Icon is not Clickable. Does not bring up drop down menu.
  2. Star Bookmark does not work, and brings up an error that says "Whoops you need to enable javascript for that"

This happens across all browsers.

Could someone point me in the direction of editing the source for that icon? Or does anyone know if this is just an issue with version 2.1.5?

I figured since Mark Sullivan is credited with its creation, there must be a fix.

Thanks for your help in advance!

(normally this would not be a big deal, but i have already built my site around the look of this theme)

*** i have not edited any source code, or css. But have installed a few plugins, but don't see how this could affect the core functionality.

Best Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

yep, removing footer asset will break many things.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• I have solved the issue by reinstalling the theme. Thank you for your thoughts and help

• Well i figured out that the problem was that i discarded the footer

<

div> in the default.master.tpl.

Instead of deleting the entire division, i just deleted the href and image, and this seemed to fix it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

yep, removing footer asset will break many things.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• i wonder what causes the break tho. its just a css class asset no?

• Yes you are correct. I see it now. Thank you for your support!